book review: london is the best city in america by laura dave

London is the Best City in America is the best book I've read this year. It is one of the most perfectly true and enjoyable novels I've read ever. Laura Dave manages to have a relatively simple and utterly believable story seem ridiculously wise and nearly universal. Every word, every scene, every aspect of each character is honest and necessary. I'm longing for a sequel. I'm longing to have dinner with Emmy, Josh and her parents. After less than 250 pages, they've become my life long friends. It's a book I will read more than once because although there is suspense, it doesn't matter what happens to these characters; it's a joy to simply share in their experiences.

Rating: 5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson