on television scheduling

I no longer watch American Idol, but I am watching Dancing with the Stars this season. I don't have a personal stake in the silly ploy of Fox to air AI until 9:07 p.m. tonight, but I find it obnoxious. ABC deserves it, however, as they like to run Grey's Anatomy until 10:02 some Thursdays and they force me to set a manual record for Dancing so its last two minutes won't conflict with the two programs I DVR at 10 p.m. I don't think I've missed anything earth-shattering in the last two minutes of Dancing the past two weeks. I love television, and I love my DVR because it makes my television viewing easier and more time-effective. I love to come home and see what treats it recorded for me while I was gone.

Please stop toying with the timeslots. We all win when our favorite shows go on at different times. The networks get more viewers, which leads to higher ad revenues. The television viewers win by having more access to quality (or at least entertaining) programming. Please, stop the madness. While you networks are at it, please also address the overprogramming of good shows Wednesdays at 9 p.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson