Holiday Swap reveal!

I was so excited to participate in the Book Blogger Holiday Swap again this year. I have participated for the past two years (see my loot from 2009 and 2010) and discovered new bloggers and had the joy of receiving a package from a blogger who already knows me pretty well. This year once again I was buying for a blogger I did not know, plus she reads in a completely different genre than I do. It's a wonderful reminder of how big and diverse this community of book bloggers in, and it reminds me to step out of my little corner of literary fiction bloggers more often.

On to the presents....
Also, I have to give bonus props to my Santa because this gift arrived before Thanksgiving. I had the joy of unwrapping my first Christmas presents on the night before Thanksgiving, and it's taken me this long to actually write a post about it! As you can see, the present if off to an amazing start with this wine pourer and stopper. I eagerly dug into the wrapping paper to see what else awaited me...
  • The Family Meal: Home Cooking with Ferran Adria is a beautiful cookbook 
  • a Moleskine travel journal: it's gorgeous (and the perfect thing for the annoying times during flights when I can't read on my Kindle)
  • The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, which is probably the book people who know me are most surprised I haven't read. I've vowed to make time for it this year, most likely as part of Orange January or Orange July (it was shortlistd in 1999). 
  • a delicious bag of Lindt chocolate truffles (yes, they're long gone, but I still think of them fondly!)
Once again, I had such a wonderful experience in this year's Book Blogger Holiday Swap. I participated at the $40 level (this year there were two options) because it was the only swap I did, and I'm amazed by how much I got for $40. 

My Secret Santa, Laura from The Scarlet Letter, is amazing, and I'm so glad to discover her blog! You can also find her on Twitter. Thank you, Laura!

Coming up soon: I'll be taking the weekend off from the blog, but I'll be back next week with review of The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach and Leaving the Atocha Station by Ben Lerner, plus whatever else I finish in the next two days! I'll have my Best of 2011 list for you on New Year's Day so I can read until the last minutes of 2011! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa to all of you!


As an affiliate, I receive a very, very small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. I still need to read The Poisonwood Bible too. It has been on my wishlist for forever, and I always ask for it for my birthday/Christmas, but people never buy it because the "subject sounds more suitable to your research than an enjoyable read". I guess I should just give up and buy it already :)

    Those are wonderful gifts! And before Thanksgiving! Wow, your Santa must have been very organised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what wonderful gifts your Secret Santa sent to you! It seems like she knew exactly what you would love, and I am so thrilled for you. Those truffles are my favorites as well, and I am not surprised that they are all gone!

    Have a very Happy Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked your gifts and thanks for sending me Carry the One. That was so sweet of you. After I bought that cookbook, I had to go back and buy myself one too because I liked it so much. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Poisonwood Bible! Enjoy all of your holiday loot.

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie - I LOVED my gifts from YOU in the swap! So much fun. I loved the ordered gifts. My surprise book, The Name of the Star, was actually one I had wanted! YAY! You did a great job. Thank you so much.

    Looks like you had a fabulous secret santa too. =)

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! And do I see owl wrapping paper??!!! AWESOME!!!

    Enjoy your loot, Carrie, and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Here's to a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson