Waiting on Wednesday: The First Husband by Laura Dave


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to highlight an upcoming release we can't wait to read.

The First Husband: A Novel
Laura Dave is one of my absolute favorite authors. I was a huge fan of London is the Best City in America (my review), which is one of my all-time favorite book titles, and The Divorce Party (my review). When I discovered her books in 2008, I read them both in the same month and have been eager for her next novel ever since. Finally, The First Husband has both a cover and a release date (May 12, 2011). Here's how the publisher describes The First Husband in their catalog:
Annie Adams is days away from her thirty-second birthday and thinks she has finally found happiness. She visits the world's most interesting places for her syndicated travel column and she's happily cohabitating with her movie director boyfriend Nick in Los Angeles. But when Nick comes home from a meeting with his therapist (aka "futures counselor") and announces that he's taking a break from their relationship so he can pursue a woman from his past, the place Annie had come to call home is shattered. Reeling, Annie stumbles into her neighborhood bar and finds Griffin--a grounded, charming chef who seems to be everything Annie didn't know she was looking for. Within three months, Griffin is Annie's husband and Annie finds herself trying to restart her life in rural Massachusetts.
A wry observor of modern love, Laura Dave "steers clear of easy answers to explore the romantic choices we make" (USA Today). Her third novel is packed with humor, empathy, and psychological insight about the power of love and home.  
How amazing does that sound? I may have to re-read The Divorce Party again before The First Husband comes out on May 12, 2011

Treat yourself! You can pre-order it from Amazon (Kindle edition) or an independent bookstore.

As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you!

Comments

  1. I loved Laura Dave's debut novel; this sounds fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have to add this one to my list! I LOVED The Divorce Party. It caught my eye because one of my friends actually did have a divorce party (back in the eighties!) and met her next husband there, to whom she's now been married for twenty-five years!

    Have to read this one...

    Here's mine:

    (click on my name)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about THE DIVORCE PARTY, but I never read it...her latest sounds great. I need to check this author out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound rather good, and like something that I would probably like. I haven't read anything by Dave yet, but your recommendation goes far with me so I am adding this one to my wish list. Thanks for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, this does sound cool. I haven't read any of her work but I might now after reading your post!

    I kept getting side tracked because the covers of your Currently reading pile are to die for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this sounds like a good one!
    Here's my WOW Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds great! I'll keep my eye out, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't read The Divorce party but sounds like something I could have used a couple years. This one sounds great.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this author before but the book description you posted sounds good. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of her novels, but this one sounds like a lot of fun. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson